Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi Galant ES: I have an 03 galant when I turn the key

Customer Question

I have an 03 galant when I turn the key to on position there is nothing no lights on istrument panel nothing as if there was no battery. I have checked voltage of bat and it's 12.8 so bats not bad I also ran through fuses to see if any were blown and didn't find any broke. Can't tell if it's a relay fuse that's blown or not. I did pull and reinsert several fuses and car started. But once turned off will not respond when trying again, if that makes sense
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
If you check for voltage at the fuses in the fuse panel, for example in the dash, is there 12V there as well?
If you measure across the battery terminals and turn the key all the way to Start, does the voltage change at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the key is turned to the on position there is zero response from the car as if there was no battery even connected. But the terminals are secure and have zero play in them
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Right, but the battery voltage reading stays the same?
Would it be possible to get either a charger or a set of jumper cables on the battery and compare behavior, even though you see 12V (and unknown amperage)?