Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi Endeavor LS: I have the srs light showing on my

Customer Question

I have the srs light showing on my 2005 Mitsubishi endeavor the steering wheel sounds like it needs oiled or something
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
The two are likely unrelated.... the steering wheels moaning are pretty common on these.
The SRS however we really need a scan to see what is going on. Do you have access to anyone with a full scan tool? It would be nearly impossible to speculate as to the cause if there weren't any clues leading in to it's first appearance (like right after an accident, right after a dead battery, etc).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can go to like an auto store and they can read it or a dealer (which can be costly)
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
A dealer for certain.... auto parts store is going to depend on the store and what scan tool they are using. Many of them just use a cheap OBD reader which will only read engine faults and would be no help to us. Any well equipped independent shop should have a full scan tool however and likely for less expense than going to the dealership if you have one of "those" dealers.