Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi Endeavor SE: I have a 2011 mitsubishi endeavor that

Customer Question

I have a 2011 mitsubishi endeavor that is blowing the 15 amp fuse (location number 15 I think) for accessories that are constantly on clearing my radio presets, rear 12 volt socket and removing my sirius radio from my factory radio that its built into.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
I would be checking the other accessory sockets (depending on trim level you can have up to four on this model) and make sure there is not a dime dropped into one of them etc. There are only two accessory fuses, one shares with the satellite and one shares with the navigation (if optioned). There isn't any other shared devices on either... so components failure is highly unlikely, and of course wiring failure is unlikely anyway unless there is some unusual circumstance (recent disassembly work, rodent presence, etc).
If you have the navigation package, then unplugging the navi drive and the display would be recommended as well to isolate them... but it is still more likely that one of the other outlets had something drop into it or has damage inside it etc, if there are no wiring peculiarities to consider.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked all the outlets that I am aware of in the vehicle and see no signs of anything in them. There has been no service on the vehicle for anything other than general maintenance. I do have the nav and rear camera options in my vehicle. Where is the nav drive located to unplug that?
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
The nav drive is the unit located below the AC controls... it is a horizontal black box with a drop-down door (where the nav DVD goes in).
Lets unplug the nav drive and radio and display (grab the big radio surround and pull toward you to release... be aware if you turn the key on with the seat belt lights in the center surround unplugged you will set an SRS light, so plug the surround panel back in when you turn the key on). The dome around the display can then be unscrewed and popped off to access the back of the display.
Then lets pull the console out and right/rear interior panel if you have the fourth rear accessory socket there, and unplug all of the sockets, then put a fuse in and see if it clears now. If it does, reconnect one item at a time until it blows.