Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS: Hey my car won't start. When I open

Customer Question

Hey my car won't start. When I open the door it makes a beeping noise in like 5-6 short beeps. I think the alarm part is off, and I already checked the fuses associated with the electrical system.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Are we certain that the battery is fully charged? Can we put a charger or jumper cables on it just to rule this out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I can go try. I have had this car for 5 years and have had my fair share of dead batteries though and it has never done this before. When the yellow case of those 2 fuses is pushed in my car is also making a clicking noise you can hear from outside that goes away when the fuse case is pulled up.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
That is definitely pretty suspicious of the battery. The weird thing is that the beeping you hear is not typical of this car... the only time you hear abnormal beeping like that is when the battery current is very low.
Lets get a charger or jumper cables on there and see if there is any change in the condition first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, the charger I had wasn't doing anything so AAA is on their way out to try jumping it. I will let you know after
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Thanks