Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi galant: How do I unlock the stereo in my 2003 galant.

Customer Question

How do I unlock the stereo in my 2003 galant. My wife put the wrong code in 3 times and now I'm locked out from being able to enter the correct code.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
To clear the "oFF" turn the ignition key on (or to ACC, either is fine) and turn the radio on so that "oFF" is displayed, then leave it for about one hour. When the display goes blank you can turn the radio on and "codE" will be restored for three more tries. Do not touch any buttons on the radio or cycle the key while waiting or the timer resets.
While waiting for that....Take a butter knife or screw driver and pop the bezel off that surrounds the radio and AC control to expose the radio. Look at the top of the chassis of the radio and you will see a white sticker there, the bot***** *****ne of the sticker will read "SERIAL NO.:___________". Provide that number to me exactly as it appears and I will retrieve a valid unlock code for you.