Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

07 endeavor Just replaced all coil packs and am now blowing

Customer Question

07 endeavor
Just replaced all coil packs and am now blowing the 20amp engine fuse as soon as key turns ignition on. Any tips on what to do? ????
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Are these aftermarket coils? We have a huge problem with aftermarket coils blowing out the ignition fuse on this model (due to quality control of the coils).
If you unplug the three forward coils, does the fuse still pop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it did
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are aftermarket coils (seems very expensive compared to the dodge coils I replaced a few years ago)
I unplugged the three forward coils and it still blew fuse as soon as ignition was turned (without turning over the engine)
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
If it is still blowing with the forward three unplugged, then lets move to the rear.
Pull the plenum off again and examine the wiring to make sure it didn't get pinched anywhere. If all looks good, unplug the rear three coils and confirm the fuse no longer blows.
If it does not (if there is no wiring damage, it should not then), reconnect one coil at a time and cycle the key on to check behavior, then unplug and move to the next coil etc.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
I suspect you have found the offending member(s) by this point? If you need further help with this just let me know.