Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi Galant ES: 2003 Galant ac leaking water into passenger

Customer Question

2003 Galant ac leaking water into passenger side floorboard. Repair shop thought it was clogged drain, but on looking couldn't even find the drain hose. Recommended dealer. Car has always done this, took me years to notice because its passenger side and I only drive it to work alone.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like they are on the right track, just couldn't find the drain?
I believe I have some photos of the drain location, if you would like I can find those for you so you can present them to the shop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I'll just take it to the dealer. Surely they'll know where it is. I had heard that there was a manufacturer's defect with those from the manufacturer that they are fused or absent. Have you heard of this?
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
No this is incorrect. They just don't know where to look for it I would imagine if they said that. The system is fine and the same design used by half or more of the cars on the road.... they probably just couldn't find it and got frustrated or don't want to be bothered.
I can close this for you if you would rather just take it to the dealer.