Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi galant es: Hey can you verify my Mitsubishi radio

Customer Question

Hey can you verify my Mitsubishi radio code
Vin- 4a3aa46g11e165473
Serial num- 0z184257E
It may be a o instead of a 0 in the serial num.
The model num- dy-2u05cwd
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your patience, I am checking your serial number right now.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
That looks like it is probably the right code... but to be sure can you confirm the model number on the top of the radio on the sticker? It will be either MR472956 or MR490089.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
It looks like we missed each other. I'll attach below the only two possible codes for that serial number. You'll see your 9985 is one of them and for the other model radio it is 0838. These are the only possible codes for that serial number.

http://i.imgur.com/HkRQvoI.jpg
If the model number is ***** and the 9985 then is the correct code but it is not taking it, then you would only suspect either a malfunction in the radio itself or that the radio had been sent out for repair at some point and the board inside it replaced (and the new serial/code was not updated on the label). That of course is ruling out any mistakes when entering the code, but I would imagine if that were the case you would have caught it by the third try.
If the guts of the radio have been swapped, unfortunately there is no way to recover the code since the serial number is ***** listed on the radio anywhere but on that top sticker which we would have deemed incorrect by that point. The only option besides replacement from there would be to send it to a shop that specializes in these radios (H and R in PA for example) and have them identify the code by doing a data dump on the chip.