Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years, diagnostic/repair/ electrical specialist
13677702

Mitsubishi Galant ES: 2007 GALANT, a/c stops working after

Customer Question

2007 GALANT, a/c stops working after riding about 45 minutes, and one of the lines under the hood has frost on it.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Randall. copy and paste the link below,. Look close and tell me which line has frost and where the frost starts and ends, Thanks
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dn9qqajzu50exdp/15%2B-%2B13.jpg?dl=0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not with me, it's someone else's car. But best i can remember, it was the one closest to the firewall
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
well, sisnce we do not have full guage readings for low and high side and the frost you think is close to firewall? 98% of the time frost indicates a blockage in the ac system.Where the frost ends is suually where the blockage is and the system will shut down if high side pressure goes too high.I highly suspect the expansion valve is the problem, They can and do fail. It is #10 in the pic and is at the firewall.You tried adding freon and now it could? be a bit overcharged, the system can not haver any more than 22 oz so,, you can try? removing the r134 and do a recharge 20 22 oz but I still feel the expansion valve is the culprit and need to be changed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll reach back out once I have the vehicle with me, should be a couple days. But the frost was on #3.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
yes, that is the suction line, you have a blockage, need to change out expansion valve