Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi Eclipse: I need a code radio

Customer Question

I need a code for my radio
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
I need some information off the radio to get you a code. Are you comfortable removing the radio trim panel to access the sticker on the top of the radio?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes is fine i have this information. ....mr337271 and the serial no is 02215267a
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Fantastic, thanks.
For serial number 02215267(a) on model MR337271 your unlock code will be
8447
To input the code your radio must display "codE" when turned on. If it displays "oFF" from too many incorrect attempts, you will need to leave the key on and radio on for about one hour to clear the message; when the display goes blank you can turn the radio back on and "codE" will be displayed again.
With "codE" on the display you will use preset buttons 1-4 to input the code. Each press of a preset will increase the corresponding digit of the code by one, so for your code of 8447 you would press:
Preset 1 nine times
Preset 2 five times
Preset 3 five times
Preset 4 eight times
When finished you should have 8447 on your display, and you can then push the unlock button to activate the radio. This buttons varies by radio but is always either CD, AMFM or TAPE. There is no penalty for pushing the wrong one as long as your code is displayed correctly, so you can just push each one once. The radio will beep and turn on when it is pressed.