sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

61 YO widow. I need my tunes. 2001 Missbitchy montero sport.

Customer Question

61 YO widow. I need my tunes. 2001 Missbitchy montero sport. have tried 3 codes I found online 9852, 2424, and 7826. Cannot pull the radio, I have bad arthritis in my hands. Thank you if you can help, if not, thanks for your time!
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The radio serial number on the radio itself will be necessary to retrieve the code. If you don't have record of the code in the glovebox/owner's manual, etc then the radio will need to be removed to get the serial number. Once the serial number is ***** then it along with the VIN and proof of ownership can be used to retrieve the radio code. If you're unable to remove the radio yourself then a shop or dealer shouldn't charge more than an hour of labor to do so. A dealer can get the radio code for you or you can use a website such as www.radio-code.com.