Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner, 27 year Import technician
29331485

I just got a 03 MOntero xls the traction light and the slippery

Customer Question

Hi I just got a 03 MOntero xls the traction light and the slippery light turns on after a few miles in every trip I just did the rear brakes one caliper was replaced but the other one didn't need to at that time, the other day while driving the old caliper seem to be failing because a brake burn smell came out of it when I took it to the mechanic he said there was nothing wrong but this two yellow lights from the top left turns on after 5 miles of driving and the car seems to shake, had new tires and recent balanced so I don't what could it be.
The first owner drove the car in*****mode at all times but now I tried*****but after a few miles the middle ***** *****ght of the 4x4 display on dashboard blinks. Also the first owner put 90+ gas on it all the time but now I add 93 premium and the check engine light turn on.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
You need to get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for ABS malfunction codes .
Check your tires, all four should be the same size, if you have more ware on the rear as the front then replace .
The check engine light , check for engine malfunction codes this you can have done at your local parts store like autozone etc, this is a free service
some can check ABS system also but not all.
Most common is tire size or a bad wheel speed sensor .
Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rating ,
This way i can get back to you with further assistance or offer assistance with another expert .
Rgds Greg