Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner, 27 year Import technician
29331485

Mitsubishi Outlander: Is the fuel pump in the same place on

Customer Question

Is the fuel pump in the same place on a 2004 outlander? Also the car just all of sudden stop. I have tried some starter flood and the car sort of started.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Fuel Pump is in the tank ,you can gain access to the fuel pump from under the rear back seat ..
Remove the seat and access cover 4 screws .
Then check the black and blue wire for power when you switch on the ignition should have 12 volts for 2 seconds then try and start you should have 12 volts as long as the starter motor turns ,
If you have power replace the fuel pump ,if no power check the fuse's and fuel pump relay in the main fuse and relay box in the engine compartment,
fuse and relay location is printed on the cover .
Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rating , so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue or offer assistance with another expert .
Rgds Greg