Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the AUtomotive repair Business
7276279

Mitsubishi: I have a 2002 Mitsubishi eclipse that I just got.

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi eclipse that I just got. Well on take off it acts terrible like jerking, sluggish, hesitating and then it all of a sudden it takes off like you've tromped the pedal. So far we had it checked at advance auto parts, the computer they tested it with said it was the EGR AND THE #2 PLUG! so the egr tested out fine as well as the #2 after cleaning all parts and putting it back together, it was the same or worse. HELP PLEASE WHAT NEXT ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT!!!
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is a 3.0 6 cly with the optional manuel shift
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Mitsubishi has released a TSB that deal with a Radom engine misfire that may be the cause of the type of problem you are having. The TSB calls for reprogramming the PCM (computer) . have enclosed the bulletin in the link below as it may very likely apply to the problem you are having. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/PCM%20TSB%20May%2021.pdf