Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS: I have a 2003 Mitsubishi eclipse gts

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi eclipse gts 5 speed manual. It starts fine and idles around 1k or 1100 rpms on cold start without bogging down any. Once it's warmed up it idles around 5 or 600 rpms and it bogs down a little and idles back up. Never bogs down under 500rpm and it will bog down about 1 or 200rpm and jump back up if I rev the engine up any until about 2000rpm. After 2000rpm when I rev it it doesn't bog any. How do i fix the idling problem?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
Please start the engine and let it idle, making a note of where it stays currently.
With the idle relatively stable, turn the AC on and watch the idle speed. Does the idle go up when you turn it on, do nothing, or bog down once the AC kicks in?