Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi Galant: As well as both lights my car makes a clunking

Customer Question

As well as both lights my car makes a clunking noise in front end only taking off slow isvit related to lights n does mishubishi plugs u in for free
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As well as both lights meaning abs n tcl lights my car makes a clucking n shaking on when going slow
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.
It is very likely that there is a relationship between the two issues. If I had to speculate, I would think that it is likely that one of the wheel speed sensors is either not reading or is reading erroneously making the ABS unit think it is slipping. This causes the ABS pump to activate making the noise on take off until it determines it was erroneous and sets the code, then does the same again next time you take off etc.
Another possibility would be damage to one of the axles (where the ABS/TCL picks up its signal), as that would cause some noise on take off and set the lights on too... however that would be more of a constant noise while in motion in most cases, not just on take off.
Without knowing the actual code(s) set however, all that can be done is guess/speculate like that. The actual code or codes set will paint a much clearer picture of what is going on and whether or not there could be some relationship there.
Most dealerships and even most independent shops will not scan these for free; that is usually limited to engine-codes only, having a little bit to do with the hardware involved as well as to do with the level of complication of the ABS system by comparison. The best you can do is call and ask, the worst they can say is no.
Most dealerships will however have a flat charge for diagnosing electrical system faults, usually a half hour labor (around $45) but in some larger cities it can be an hour. In most cases as well the dealership will credit the diagnosis/hook up charge toward the repair if you opt to have them perform the required fixes.