Amedee
Amedee, Mitsubishi Technician
Experience:  ASE Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4: doug 93 3000gt vr4, reading this

Customer Question

hi doug 93 3000gt vr4, reading this other post, no spark,fuses good , pin 4 at ecu has ground , pin6 does not have power. what now
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Does the check engine light come on with the key on for a bulb check? Does the distributor assembly get voltage to it with the key on? How much and which color wires have power? Also, if I could get your VIN that would be a big help! Going to check back with you shortly. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, vin# ***** I have ecu out of car at the moment, but we remember the "check engine" light being on. when you say "distributor" , I assume you mean ignition module, and it will take awhile to get to . its under the coil, rad hose and air intake tubes.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay!
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the VIN!
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Give me a moment while I pull up your vehicle
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay! If memory servs me correct, there should be a distributor that runs off the camshaft. It is a little different set up that usually. NO ignition wires come out of this distributor. Just a plug or two with wires. This is the engine speed sensor. There should be at least one wire if not two wires with a reference voltage with the key on. This voltage comes from the computer. We need to see if the computer is ending out reference voltage with the key on. If not, we will need to check the inputs to the PCM. Powers and grounds. If all checks out good, the PCM may just be bad. This is very common on this vehicle.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Also, be sure that the timing belt did not break.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance. Please let me know.
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Customer