Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

Mitsubishi Eclipse: my car has had timing done....belt and

my car has had timing done....belt and all behind timing cover, including water pump, crankshaft sensor, distributor. It will only wind up but so far in each gear. It gets up to around 3500 - 4ooo rpm's and sounds like it is wound up. Won't get much more than 60 mph out of third gear...what is wrong?

I'm not sure what you mean by cam gear being aftermarket.... aftermarket crank sensors are known to cause issue like this however.

I would be most suspicious that the reluctor plate behind the crank sensor moved... it is very common for this part to slip while the timing belt is apart. Especially if the crank pulley was hard to remove, this is what usually causes the problem.

Do you have access to the vehicle at this time or no?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can we get a photo of the crank gear where I can see the gear and the reluctor plate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I can't, however, I am very satisfied with the information I've gotten. That will be all. Thank you very much

You're very welcome. If I can do anything else for you just let me know.