Tim Mohr, ase master
Experience:  30 yrs foriegn and domestic, gas and diesel

Mitsubishi Outlander Bi-Fuel: Hi, I have a 05 Mitsubishi Outlander

Hi, I have a 05 Mitsubishi Outlander Bi/Fuel. When I start from cold it starts on petrol and then changes to gas - no problem, but it runs lumpy on petrol and sometimes the orange engine light comes on with the fault PO300. Nothing seems wrong, plenty of power, steady-ish rpm, and after getting warm, runs well on petrol or gas. The only problem seems to be the light coming on. Car heats ok, AC works well, car runs well, but cannot understand it. Recently had a new MAF and a completely new throttle accelerator body complete with sensor, can anyone out there help - regards Gordon
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it starts ok on the petrol, but runs a little lumpy, then when it switches to gas, it runs ok? id this correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, thats basically it - Gordon

IF IT RUNS GOOD ON GAS, THEN THIS RULES OUT THE IGNITION SYSTEM, , i suspect you either got a bad batch of petrol, or the furl pump is weak,first thing to check is the fuel pressure, if its low, then the pump will need to be replaced, if its good, then suspect bad petrol,Tim