Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Mitsubishi Montero Sport: How do I change the headlight bulb

How do I change the headlight bulb in a 2001 Montero Sport? There is a white retaining ring that I can twist to remove the bulb, but I can't release the bulb from the wiring. There is a tab on the top that looks like it might be a release, but I don't know if I should push it down or lift it up. I've tried both and the bulb won't release.

you squeeze the tab and pull out on the connector. Many times if the bulb has been in there for quite a while there can be some corrosion in it and make it difficult to get the connector to release. It just takes pulling hard on it to the bulb out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, it's out. I had to actually pry the end of the release tab up with a screwdriver in order to get it to raise enough to release the bulb.