Mike V.
Mike V., Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models. Nissan and Subaru factory trained.

Mitsubishi Galant: 06 Mitsubishi Galant 2,4 no spark no start

06 Mitsubishi Galant 2,4 no spark no start and have no injector pulse. Have replaced cam and crank sensors. Checked all fuses, has fuel at the rail, has power from the ignition switch to the coils. Still will not start, will crank just fine but will not start
Hi there check and make sure the cam is turning when cranking the engine.It's possible the timing belt is broken, this would prevent any spark or injector pulse because there would not be any signal from the cam sensor.Check this and let me know.Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it turns. Belt is not broken looked at it when changing the crank sensor.

Ok, thank you Can you provide a little background?Engine was running fine? any check engine light prior or anything?Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Was driving it and ran fine, parked it and went out after a couple of hours to leave again and the car wouldn't start. The check engine light never came on .

Ok, does it come on if you turn the key on?Did you have codes for the cam or crank sensors?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it passes bulb check and has no codes.

Ok, I am suspecting an issue with the anti theft/ immobilizer system.This would be the only thing that would shut down fuel and spark.At this point I suspect that it's going to have to have a scan tool put to it to find out if there are any codes stored for that system the key may have lost the code somehow and that is causing the problem