Amedee
Amedee, Mitsubishi Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Mitsubishi Eclipse GS: I have 1995 mitsubishi eclipse , I have

Customer Question

I have 1995 mitsubishi eclipse , I have no spark at coil pack, I have replaced coil pak , crank sensor, new ecu. I have no voltage reading to injectors cam sensor or coil pack. I found a wire coming from the ecu harness {red wire} had rubbed against a hose clamp taking off the insulation, but does look to have compromised the wire. That's the reason I bought the new ecu, I thought it may have shorted out the computer! I have replaced the ignition switch also. Ignition on I get no check engine light, but i do get an oil light.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer!

My name isCustomerXXXXX I can assist you with your question.

Does the throttle position sensor have 5 volts going to it with the key on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to check that right now car is at my sons house, but lets assume i do, what then, an what if i dont.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

If there is no 5 volt reference going to the TPS with the key on, then the computer is not awake. If this is the case, we need to check all powers and grounds going into the computer with the key on.

If the TPS does have 5 volts going to it with the key on, then we check the signal from the cam and crank sensor along with the valve timing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer I wont be able to check this until christmas day, raining here right now, will that be a problem for you. how do i stay in contact with you.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

YES.. that would be just fine with me. We can go at your pace.

Just reply back to me by using this page. You will have to log into your account on just answer and click on "my question" on the top of the page and a link to this question will be there.

Please don't forget about me.
<br/Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I wont be sure of that, Im a pretty decent mechanic but electrical problems are not my style! thanh you and have a very merry christmas Thank you.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good... Happy holidays!!

Talk to you soon!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customerone more thing , I replaced the crank sensor the old one was tight and i had to wiggle it to get it out. the new one came with a different plug and was slightly smaller , fell right in to block , napa insured me it was the right replacement part? does this sound right.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
hhmm..

To be honest, no.. it does not sound right. It needs to match up to the original crank sensor. You might want to get one from dealership just to be sure.
Amedee, Mitsubishi Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thats what i thought to. i,ll get one right away. thanks

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good!

I will be off line for a while today spending time with the family.

If you have any further questions, please reply to me using this page and I will reply back asap later tonight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: I have no power to tps, i have continuity on one outside leg, nothing on the middle leg, and nothing on the other outside leg?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

This is our problem. The computer is not awake with the key on. All powers and grounds need to be checked going into the computer with the key on. This includes all powers from all fuses fusible links and even the ignition switch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer I,m not trying to take any shortcuts but do you think a logical place to start would be to find out what circuits are controlling the red wire i found coming from ecu which was rubbed bare and laying against the hose clamp. Several days prior to this incident my son said as he was driving, the car would suddenly jerk, only for a split second. I've tried looking at the wiring diagram for the car but i get { lost in translation} trying to figure it out!
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
YES.. absolutely!!

This is most likely the issue! This would be a very logical next step. I have a feeling this is going to be the root cause.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer rained all day today, I was studying a electrical schematic for the car trying to find out where the red wire was going, into or out of the ecu. I have done a visual inspection of the fuses, but do you have any idea where the red wires circuit goes.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Which red wire? Which circuit is it for and I can pull a wiring diagram.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
You might be talking about the red black wire???

You might have an issue with the MPI circuit and or relay. This is also known as the ASD relay. Check to see if this relay has two powers going to it with the key on and cranking. If so, check to see if the computer is grounding this relay when cranking the engine over.

It really sounds to me like your computer is not awake with the key on. This red wire could in fact power up the ECM. Please reply back. Meanwhile, I will gather some more information about your ECM.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
The multiport fuel injection relay supplies power to both IG [ON] and the engine control module in addition to the fuel pump, injector, volume air flow sensor as well as the ECM.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

The MFI or ASD relay is located under the hood near the drivers side strut tower near the brake master cylinder reservoir.

Another thing I wanted to mentioned, you can check power going into the PCM with the key on and cranking.

The powers are..

red wire with black stripe pin 46 battery voltage

Black wire with white stripe pin 20 ignition switch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer i have four asd relays, i understand that you should have power to two legs to each relay. Looking at the car from the front and going from left to right, relay # XXXXX and 2- I have power to two legs, relays # XXXXX and 4, I only have power to one leg and continuity readings on the other leg. I only did a visual inspection on the fuses, I guess i should check each fuse again, also do you have any information that would tell you whether or not these two relays have a common fuse.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!

Can you tell me all of the wires going to each relay?

Are any of the wires going to each relay the same color?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I, m not at the car right now but I,ll check tomorrow, am i correct in assuming I might have a bad fuse .

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
YES! It is very possible!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was almost dark when I got to the car ,could,nt do much. I'll check the wiring tomorrow, also would it be helpfull to know which post had power on the two relays.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking me which wires should have power going into the ASD relay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I was asking do we care which wire had the power in each relay.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
YES.. but we only need to check power going into the ASD relay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, I'll check this out tomorrow, thanks a lot for your patience, you're great!!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
You bet!

Also, if the ASD relay does not have power, then we need to check fusible link number 4
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where is it located

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Under the hood near all of the relays near the air filter housing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the tps end or the air filter end under the ecu

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I feel stupid , I thought you were referring to a fuse link in the wiring harness, ok talk to you tomorrow , thanks again.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am glad I could help! It has been a pleasure assisting you with all of your questions. Please don't forget to rate my answer as "excellent service" so I get credit for the time and knowledge that I have shared with you.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to use the reply button and I will reply back asap. In addition, please allow time between answers as I may be off line spending time with my family or assisting other customers.

You can always request me by using the link through my profile page. Just click on "AMEDEE" next to my picture and enter your question in the question box on the left hand side of the screen below my profile picture and I will be sure to respond back in a timely manner.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer i checked all the fuse links and fuses all are ok. i rechecked the # XXXXX and 4 asd relays, you wanted to know what wires had power. # XXXXX asd has power to red/ black wire,opposite post is red, post on left is green/ black, opposite post is black with spot of brown . asd #4 has power to black/ white wire opposite post is red/black, post on left is red , opposite post is white/ red and has no reading of continuity.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
EXCELLENT!!!!!

Thank you very much!!!

This really helps out!

This is good.. this means the ASD relay is in fact getting power to it. Now we check to see if the ASD relay activates and sends power out of it while cranking the engine over. Check the black/red wire leaving the asd relay for power WHILE cranking the engine over.

Let me know!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

black and red wire already has power on #3 asd, are you talking only about black and red on #4 asd.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
The red/black wire and the black/white wire should have power going to the relay at all times.

When you turn the key on and cranking the engine over, the computer should ground the red/white wire and the relay should activate. When it does it will click and send power out the black/red wire. This is the wire that powers up the ignition coil and fuel injectors.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

gotcha!! by the way when we get through this i,m going to give you a $100.00 tip for your help, also do i rate each question for you or only when we are finished.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
You can rate my answer when we are all finished. A nice tip like that would make my day! Cool

Now.. here is the next step after doing this test. If the computer does not grounds the ASD relay, then again, we need to check the inputs to the computer with the key on. And again, you can check to see if the computer is awake by checking for 5 volts going to the TPS with the key on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok will do tomorrow, i,ll get back with you , thanks again!! ps you deserve it!!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much!

Talk to you then!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customeri want to make sure we are on the same page, #3 asd is the etax relay number four is the back up light asd according to my diagram is this correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have to leave for work will check you reply in the morning. Thanks

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

The ASD relay is right next to the fuel pump relay.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!

ItsCustomerfrom just answer! I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance.

Let me know!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: if the computer does not ground the relay can i use a jump wire from post 87 to 30 to see if i get power to coil and injectors. car is twenty miles away, so i need to run as many test as i can with each trip.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

My wiring diagram does not label the ASD relay 87 and 30 like we are used to. Instead, it just has 2,4 5 and 8.

However, if you were to remove the asd relay and jumper the red/black wire pin to the black/red wire pin, then YES.. the ignition coil and fuel injectors should have power. I believe the key will need to be on when doing this test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CustomerI have interchanged the internal relays previously, swapped the two outside ones and the two inside ones to see if the relay was bad was this a mistake they all have the same configuration numbers.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
NO.. this is OK. You will not hurt anything by doing this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok leaving now will get back to you shortly

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

<br/Customer ive' aquired a laptop so im right here at the car. here's what i got. I have power to red and black wire the other live post is red and white .when ignition switch is turned on i have power transfer to red and black to opposite post which is black and white. i get no transfer of power from red and black to black and red post. no power to cps, injector switch or tps.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
EXCELLENT!

This means your computer is not awake.

If you are sure that the TPS is not getting 5 volts with the key on, then we need to gain access to the computer and check the powers with the key on. Again, the powers are..

red wire with black stripe pin 46 battery voltage and Black wire with white stripe pin 20 ignition switch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do you have picture og the harness connector , i dont have aclue which pin is which

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

Here is a wiring diagram.

Pins 46 and 20 are on either side of the diagram. If you look close pin 46 is on connector A107 and pin 20 is on connector A106. There is a diagram of each connector on the bottom of this wiring diagram.

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer my harness connector has 60 pins, top half has 30 bottom half has 30, i dont see that listed on your diagram. but anyway if you count from left to right and disreguard top half from bottom half i have power on pins16,18,48, and58. the harness is just like a-82 and a-83 on diagram with one less pin.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

Are you looking at the ECM connectors? Are you sure?

That diagram I sent is of the ECM.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i removed the cover plate, i found both wires and i have power to both pins.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

EXCELLENT!

If you checked this with the key on, then you did it correctly. It sounds like you just have a bad ECM.

Our next step is to disconnect the camshaft position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, TPS, MAP intake air temp sensor, coolant temp sensor and vehicle speed sensor. Then turn the key on and see if the ECM is sending out the reference voltages to the TPS and cam and crank sensors. If so, then one of these sensors are bad shorting out the ECM. This is very common and can be a bit tricky. If none of these sensors are shorting out the ECM, the ECM is bad and will need to be replaced.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Oh.. and don't forget to check the grounds going into the computer with the key on.

They are Pin 10, pin 50 pin 47
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

I am going to step out for a bit to spend some time with the family. I will only be gone a few hours.

Please allow me some time and we can continue later tonight. I am very sorry and I do hope you understand.

I will be back in a few hours.

Thank you so much!
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

I just wanted to let you know that I am back for the night. If you want to continue tonight, that would be great! Otherwise we can continue tomorrow.
<br/Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good morningCustomer I went home and took a nap when you went out , I needed the break, at 62 years old bending over cars takes it's toll on my back! The speed censor is located to the left of the trans shift linkage , is this correct. Remember the solid red wire that was rubbing on hose clamp, yesterday i looked for this wire going into the ecu, it does not so it has to be going into tcm, if my location of the speed sensor is correct, it has a solid red wire going into it i saw it yesterday. anyway with this new info do we start with disconnecting all sensors.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard!

My picture of the VSS on this vehicle is not very good. But I do believe that you are correct in its location. It should have three wires going to it. Yellow wire, yellow/white wire and Black/green wire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok im on my way over to car now, also where is map sensor and can you give me color codes of wires 10, 50 and 47

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

The MAP sensor is located on the end of the intake manifold sort of near the oil cap.

The ground wires are black.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok need about an hour and half and you can expect my next reply , i hope it turns out good the ecu is new and was put in after i found and corrected the bad wire! I hate to think i fried this thing they are expensive and hard to get.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

No problem! Take your time.

Also, check pin 12 black wire for a good ground as well.

It is possible that the computer is being shorted out by a wiring issue or a bad sensor. You could simply cut the 5 volt reference wire leaving the PCM and the 9 volt reference wire leaving the PCM and then verify all of the powers and grounds are good with the key on. If the computer is not sending out the reference voltages on these two circuits, then the computer is bad and needs to be replaced.

Allow yourself enough room from the computer when cutting these wires to repair or solder these wires back together after testing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what are the color codes for the 5 and 9 volt reference wires. so you mean simply cut the wires and then test the wire where i cut it going back to ecu

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

YES.. Exactly!

The 9 volts reference leaving the computer is the yellow wire pin 4

The brown wire with red stripe is the 5 volt reference to the MAP and TPS. It comes from pin 50 of the computer.

The Powertrain Control Module power and ground supplies. Power feeds are on pins 11 (Red/Black) and pin 54 (Black/White). The grounds are on pins 2 (Black), 22 (Black), 52 (Black).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

powertrain control module?? is this the correct termanology for the tansmission computer

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

Let me explain.

The engine control module controls the engine.

The transmission control module controls the transmission.

However, sometimes manufactures put the engine control module and transmission control module together in one unit which I believe is what you have. Therefore, when manufactures do this, it is called a powertrain control module.

Some of these wiring diagrams I have call it ECM and some call it a PCM.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a tcm, which I replaced last year because of shifting problems. the tcm is beside the ecm, two separate units.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Ok.. good.. then you just have an ECM.. sorry.. no PCM.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so i disreguard wire checks for powertrain contol unit and ground pins

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Correct.. lets just focus on the powers for the ECM right now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

one last question before i leave for the car. I'm using a volt meter to test the grounds what is the best way to check for a good ground, with this meter

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
I have two different wiring diagrams for your ECM. The first one that I posted earlier and another one I just found. I am sorry for all of the confusion, but wiring diagrams for this vehicle are not very straight forward and are not easy to read.

The second diagram I found says that the black/white wire from the ignition switch goes into pin 14 of the ECM and battery voltage comes in to the ECM on the red/black wire pin 51.

So in this case, we are going to have to match up the ECM that you have with one of these two diagrams I have and figure out which one matches up to yours and then check powers from there.

One might be for turbo and the other one non turbo. However, the problem is that it does not say which one is which.

Using a voltmeter to check the grounds just do a voltage drop on the ground side of the battery to the grounds on the ECM. You don't want a difference between each ground point so your meter should rear less than 0.02 volts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this car is non turbo . the ecu harness has10 pins per row, upper and lower section with 3 rows of pins in each section for a total of 60 pins. it's configured like pin diagram you sent me on a-82 and a-83 with one less pin per row

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Ok.. good..

So our next test is to just get in there and run some checks.

Let me know what you find!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, on my way keep, your eyes crossed!!! lol

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good!
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Richard,

I spoke with another really good Mitsubishi tech and he said that the powers going into your computer (1995 only) are 51 and 14.

Black/white wire from the ignition switch goes into pin 14 of the ECM and battery voltage comes in to the ECM on the red/black wire pin 51.

1996-1999 the powers into the ECM are 46 and 20

Sorry for the confusion

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

And one more thing. Only the manual, transmission on this vehicle will use a VSS sensor. The auto transmission will not. The auto trans uses the EATX to calculate vehicle speed from the input and output shaft speed sensors.

I am will be out for a few hours again today.

Just reply back when you get this and I will check in with you later today or tonight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well i got your other two messages when i got back home , had a family emergency today, had to leave in the middle of my testing , just got home. the bad news is i already cut the #4 and #50 wires, the good news is they didn't have any readings!! lol Got to keep things in perspective. the wiring diagram you're using must be correct the wire colors and location was correct.will try this again tomorrow, don't fret about the mix up , I know that mitsubishi made alot of changes to this car during late 94 and 95, makes it a tactical nightmare. [fyi] the car was manufactured during june 1994 and dec 1995.I appreciate your efforts in consulting other associates , it shows your desire to help solve the problem. Had a rough day going to bed , talk to you tomorrow! thanks again.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

Thanks for the update! I hope all is well with your family. Take your time and please let me know when your ready to continue.

I will be looking forward to your reply!

Amedee
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Amedee: I spent most of the day at the hospital with my mother, I didn't get to the car at all today , will resume tomorrow . thanks
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

No problem!

I completely understand.

I hope all is well with your mother.

Talk to you soon.

Amedee
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

AMEDEE; I was talking to my son last night about the car, and he unveiled some info that I think might be helpful. The day prior to the morning the car wouldnt start he said he was losing rpm,s at stop lights, he had to give it a little more gas to keep it running. The next morning when the car would'nt start, he checked the oil and there was no oil on the stick. He said he put a quart of oil in and still did'nt have any oil on stick , he put two more quarts of oil in for a total of three. The morning I went over I checked the oil and it was half a court low.When I put the crank sensor in I noticed a large dent in the oil pan, and I told my son ,we need to fix that it looks like its leaking oil.He said he didn't notice the car running hot and the oil light didn't come on. The coolant temperature switch will shut down the computer if the car gets to hot {correct}. I have to belive the car had to be running hot with only one quart of oil. Anyway i just thought you should know this, it's raining today, but it will be on an off. I'm going to get these checks done today. .

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

Thank you for the extra detail!

If this is the case, then it is possible that the valve timing is off. I will have to double check, but I believe this engine has a cam sensor as well. If the valve timing is out of time or out of sync, the computer will not ground the ASD relay when cranking it over. That would explain why there is no power to the ignition coil and injectors when trying to start the engine. However, this does not explain why there is no 5 volts going to the TPS with the key on. This would be strictly electrical.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

amedee; I disconnected all the sensors, turned ignition on, checked voltage pin 50 red/black and pin 14 black/white, no voltage on either leg.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

Let me do some digging and reply back shortly.

Thanks!
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

Because of the confusion with the wiring diagrams, I just want to double check our work.

Please answer me these two questions.

1) Which color wire did you check for 5 volts at the TPS with the key on?

2) What color wire is going into your computer on pin 50?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

amedee;
5 volt reference wire was brown with red stripe pi 50, 9 volt was yellow pin 4

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Perfect! This is exactly what I got as well.

There should be 5 volts coming out of this brown/red wire leaving the computer with the key on since we verified the powers and grounds. SInce there is no reference voltage leaving the computer, it sounds to me like the computer is bad and needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is a newly rebuilt computer from aes in florida, are we saying something has shorted out the computer, I don't see the point in replacing the computer again. The paperwork I got with the computer said the ecu must be installed by a certified mechanic, and there was some mention of programing for certain modules. I will call them tomorrow and verify the computer was ready for installation upon receipt. If buy another computer its just gonna blow it the minute I install it.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

The only sensors (or wiring) that can short out or blow the computer are the sensors that receive a reference voltage either on the 5 volt circuit or the 9 volt circuits.

To avoid this problem again, just keep these wires cut a few inches from the computer when installing the new computer. Then turn the key on and see if the new computer is sending out 5 volts from pin 50 and 9 volts from pin 4.

You did disconnect the cam and crank sensors correct?

You did cut this yellow wire leaving pin 4 correct?

This computer should be under warrenty.

This computer should not need to be programed. This is a plug and play computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

amedee; sensors are unplugged , yellow wire is cut, paper work said if you return ecu because you believe it is faulty, it must be accompanied by installation paper work by a certified technican, stating the reason they believe it is faulty.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

Print this conversation out and attach the paper work to the computer when you return it.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

amedee: laptop lost battery couldn't get back to you, at home now. would a ground fault cause all these problems , I remember you gave me 4 grounds to check, but I could't find but three black wires in the harness connector to ecu.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
YES! Absolutely! It is very possible.. I just don't see that very often. However, this should be double and even triple checked before the computer gets replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will do that in the morning.one more thing an I'll let you go, if a sensor caused the ecu to short, are there not interlocks [ like fuses and fuse links] to keep this from happening .

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

That is a good question. The answer is no.

Let me just tell you my experience. I have never had a sensor short out to the point it fried the computer. What usually happens is it just pulls the computer down temporarily when the sensor is shorting out. As soon as the sensor connector is disconnected, the computer wakes up and works just fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks now I feel better about sending this computer back. talk to you tomorrow. thanks again.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
You bet!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

amedee; I got the replacement PCM.today , lets talk about the installation procedure before I install it. All the sensors are disconnected, and the battery.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard!

If the sensors are connector, then install the computer and hook up the battery and see if the computer is sending out reference voltage from the circuits we talked about.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how it goes!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Amedee: Good news; I have check engine light and power to all my sensors. I plugged all my sensors back in and tried to start car, but no start. I have spark to coil pack and power to fuel injectors in start mode. there is a sensor under the tps on the throttle body that does not have power, and does not get power in start mode[ignition switch].The engine doesn't spit or sputter when trying to start.Any ideas.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

Sorry for the delay!

This sounds good! This sounds like we are on the right track!

Which sensor are you talking about? What color wires does it have?

Does the engine run on starting fluid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Engine does not run on starting fluid. The sensor is right below the tps sensor I believe it is an idle control senor. the wire colors are, yellow and blue, white and blue, orange, and white. To me the engine sounds like it doesn't have compression.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

The IAC valve should not cause a no start condition. If it were stuck closed, the engine should fire right up as you step on the gas pedal when cranking.

THe next step is to check engine compression. It should be between 175 and 225.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok raining now and is expected to last a couple days, I will stay in touch.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good!

Talk to you soon!