Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Mitsubishi Montero: where is the turn signal flasher relay

where is the turn signal flasher relay in a 2000 Mitsubsihi montero located, I know where the emergency flasher relay is, but I do not have turn signals. Em flashers are ok but no turn lights on activation or showing up on dash.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. It is located behind the plastic kick panel below the steering wheel, above the pedals. It is H in the following pictures. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have the lower dash covers off and the steering cowels, I was sold a part from napa that has a three pin configuration like so l-l , two paralell and one horizontal between the two. I can only find the em flasher by using my screw driver to feel the relay clicking, I see other relays but they do not match up with what I have? still do not know where turn relay is or if it is the same pin config or did I get the wrong part?

The part number for the flasher is MR563835, it is on the top left corner of interior relay area as shown in Part H. It is a 3 prong flasher. If your unable to locate it you can take a picture and I can circle the area you need to look. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Whats your E-Mail, I will send a pic, in the circle you will see an upper left relay, which is the EM flasher relay that is the only three pin relay in the area?

EM flasher relay is the emergency flasher relay and also the turn signal flasher, they both use the same flasher. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I was under the impression that there was two. So if that is not the problem with turn signals not working, what can I check next? All bulbs seem to work when flashers are on. Would it be the turn signal switch itself and is the an easy check to see if thats ok?

Next thing would likely be the switch but it is most likely the flasher so I would start with that before you worry too much about other possible causes. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok , I had already changed that flasher with the possibility that they shared the same flasher relay (em/turn sigs) and it did not work, all the fuses that I seen were good. I am an electrical engineer, and if it is the switch is that a solid state device or can it be dis-assembled and repaired. (bad contacts or something like that).

Here is a wire diagram to help you with testing and show you how system works. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That should help alot, thanks