Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor: diagram of the catalytic converters

Can you provide me a diagram of the catalytic converters on a 2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor. How do you know which one is bad?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 5 years ago.
What was the code stored ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
P0421, it had a 1506 I believe, I cleaned throttle body and it went off and stayed off. All 4 oxygen sensors were replaced about 6 months ago, but check engine light came right back on and this is the only code showing.
Ok let me see what I can post .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks
Having issues uploading the diagram. It's bank one on the same side as cylinder one . That needs to be replaced.This diagram will help.
ClickHere
Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Okay, in my research it appears the 2 front cats are each part of the exhault manifold. Is this correct? I have found the following which shows it fits the 2007 endeavor. It also fits the 2006 endeavor. To you knowledge, if I purchase these, will it replace the front 2 cats which come off the exhaust manifold?

Genuine Original Equipment Replacement Parts
All Vehicles - 2007 - MITSUBISHI - ENDEAVOR - SE - EXHAUST SYSTEM
EXHAUST SYSTEM
Select Group
EXHAUST MANIFOLD
EXHAUST SYSTEM

Part # XXXXX Keyword Search

All Sections
ALTERNATOR
AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE
BODY HARDWARE
BRAKES
COOLING SYSTEM
ELECTRICAL
EMISSION SYSTEM
ENGINE
EXHAUST SYSTEM
FRONT DRIVE AXLE
FRONT SUSPENSION
FUEL SYSTEM
HVAC
MAINTENANCE & LUBRICATION
REAR SUSPENSION
STARTER
STEERING
STEERING COLUMN
TRANSFER CASE
UNIVERSALS & REAR AXLE

AVAILABLE PART DIAGRAMS ( 1 )
1-10 of 37 Parts
1 2 3 4
EXHAUST SYSTEM / EXHAUST MANIFOLD / EXHAUST MANIFOLD / EXHAUST MANIFOLD
EXHAUST MANIFOLD Endeavor; Right; From 1/04
Includes Front Catalytic Converter.
MSRPCore ?Online Price
$635.17$0.00$521.28
EXHAUST MANIFOLD Endeavor; Left; From 1/04
Includes Front Catalytic Converter.
MSRPCore ?Online Price
$611.97$0.00$463.60

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
15 minutes up wanting to know if other ASE tech is available
Expert:  Doug replied 5 years ago.

I'm Doug and I am an ASE certified technician as well as a full time Mitsubishi employed technician.

What can I do to assist you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Doug, I have a 2007 Mitsubishi endeavor which definitely needs a new front cat. Been thru all processes. This is my question. Are the 2 front cat converters part of the exhaust manifold. It appears they are. Next question. It is very hard to find a replacement converter for these 2 front from anywhere but dealer. I found the following at http://www.oemmitsubishiparts.com/parts/2007/MITSUBISHI/ENDEAVOR/SE/?siteid=214331&vehicleid=1434915&section=EXHAUST%20SYSTEM which show 2 front cats for 2007 Endeavor.

Will these work for my 2007 Endeavor SE?

Expert:  Doug replied 5 years ago.
No problem.

The vehicle has three converters, however only TWO are monitored (capable of setting the service engine soon light on).

Yes, the two monitored cats are built into the exhaust manifold on each side of the engine. These are the only two converters to be concerned about when dealing with a service engine soon light for catalyst failure.

To my knowledge there are no aftermarket manifolds currently available and you are stuck with a dealership purchase only (or online dealer).
If you purchase the manifolds on that site you will get new Mitsubishi manifolds, however I would MUCH prefer to use your VIN to make sure you get the absolute correct part number(s). These manifolds have changed about 4 times, so getting the right part is critical here.
You can then use those part numbers on that side to order your parts, or I typically recommend www.mentormitsubishi.com as they are about $25-30% off retail (not too different from that site, however I have plenty of personal experience with them.... I can not vouch for the site you listed).

So that being said.... if you let me know which cat is failing (bank 1/P0421 or bank 2/P0431) and provide your VIN I can get you the exact part numbers for your model to be sure you order the right part.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bank 1 P0421, VIN 4A4MM31S37E076969
Expert:  Doug replied 5 years ago.
Thanks.

For Bank 1 (which is the firewall side, or back side of the engine), you will want to order part number 1555A013
Note that this does NOT come with new gaskets. The gaskets are metal and can be reused, but of course it is best to replace them.
The gasket for the cylinder head side is MN135895
The seal ring for the rearward pipe is MR431022
The gasket for the frontward pipe is MR993200

If P0421 is the only code you have, this should take care of you. In the event you wanted to replace both sides, the Bank 2 (radiator side) manifold is 1555A086. But again there is no need to go to all that expense if you only have a bank 1 issue.

Also be aware that if you are under 80,000 miles, this would be covered under your federal emissions warranty which is 8 years or 80,000 miles from original purchase date.
If you have any other questions just let me know. I will be stepping aside briefly but will be back shortly and for the rest of the day.
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician