Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

Mitsubishi Eclipse GT: radio code for 2002 eclipse. radio model

Customer Question

radio code for 2002 eclipse. radio model number MR490088 SN 1X175275D Thanks
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 4 years ago.

Your radio code will be 3475.

If you need any assistance with putting the code in, or if your radio says 'oFF' and you do not know how to proceed, just let me know and I would be happy to assist you with that as well.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks sir.. unfortunatly I will not be able to check it until tomorrow. I am currently at work. I will get back with you if I have further questions. Thanks again
Expert:  Doug replied 4 years ago.
No problem at all, I am glad to help.

I will be in tomorrow afternoon through evening if you run into any issues. Just post here and I will get back with you as soon as possible. As long as your radio displays 'code' and your serial number was correct, you should have no issues though.

If you need anything else, again just let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Doug.. I appreciate. That is the only reason I didn't leave a tip !! I am sure you are very deserving !!
Expert:  Doug replied 4 years ago.
It's no problem at all!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Doug, I am stuck at " off " with the radio. Please help !!
Expert:  Doug replied 4 years ago.
No problem.

When the radio displays "oFF", it is due to trying too many incorrect codes. After three tries, the radio hard locks itself with the "oFF" message. To correct this is quite easy, but a bit time consuming....

Turn the ignition key to ACC or ON, either is fine.
Turn all accessories OFF (AC, headlights, etc)
Turn the radio ON (so that "oFF" is displayed)
Wait about one hour.
Within the span of 45-65 minutes the radio display will go blank. At this time you can turn the radio back on and "codE" will be displayed again so that you may re-enter the code correctly.
If you are concerned about the battery lasting this long, you may hook up a battery charger, or even leave the vehicle running/drive it around while you wait.... the only catch is that you can NOT touch the radio or the ignition switch during this waiting period. If the display has not gone blank yet and you touch any of the radio buttons or cycle the ignition key, the timer resets to zero and you have another hour to wait. So bottom line, if the display hasn't gone blank, don't touch anything!

Once the display goes blank, again you just turn the radio back on and "codE" will be displayed again for three more tries. To enter your code do the following:

Push preset button 1 four times (display will increase 0-1-2-3)
Push preset button 2 five times (0-1-2-3-4)
Push preset button 3 eight times (0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7)
Push preset button 4 six times (0-1-2-3-4-5)

When you are done, the display should read 3475. If it does not, go back and correct it. With the code displayed correctly, you will then push the unlock button. This varies by radio but is always either CD, AMFM or TAPE. There is no penalty for pushing the wrong one as long as your code is displayed correctly, so you can just push each one once, and when it is pushed the radio will beep and turn on.

If you have any questions just let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. I will give a try and let you know. You are super !!
Expert:  Doug replied 4 years ago.
No problem at all. Let me know if you have any further questions/issues.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok Doug .. I am up and running. You have been great help.
I am glad I found this website, it may be very useful in the future. Thanks again and have a wonderful day

Expert:  Doug replied 4 years ago.
No worries Diane, it was my pleasure.

If you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to ask. If you would like to deal with me specifically, just put my name in your opening question to grab my attention.

Thank you for using Just Answer!