Tim Mohr, ase master
Experience:  30 yrs foriegn and domestic, gas and diesel

Where is the coolant bleeder valve on a 2001 Mitsubishi.Montero

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX is not a bleeder on this, are you having problems getting the air out of the system?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I replaced a thermostat and need to bleed the system. What's the easiest way to do this?
Fill it with coolant, then install the radiator cap, then start it and let it idle until the thermostat opens, you will know when its open when the upper radiator hose gets hot, then shut it off and let it cool until you can safely open the cap, then fill it again and this will remove any air,Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sounds good but should I drain whats in the radiator first and if so how do I drain it? I do see a white plastic looking plug on the bottom of the radiator.
if you want to replace the coolant then yes drain the radiator through the plastic draincock at the bottom of the radiator, but it is not neccessary to do this if you are just doing the thermostat,Tim