Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

my speedometer is working, but my odometer is not working.

my speedometer is working, but my odometer is not working. How do I repair it? 2001 Eclipse GS
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 5 years ago.
Welcome,

If the speedo works then we know the sensor that feeds the instrument cluster for the speedo is good, and the odometer works off the speedometer.The problem lies in the speedometer cluster and it will need to be sent in for repair. Unfortunately there is not anything you can do to repair it yourself. If you would like to know of an online source that can rebuild it just let me know, otherwise you can check around locally for a repair center.

.

If you have any further questions or need more help at all please feel free to reply. If not, Please remember we use an honor system and you must click on accept for me to receive credit for assisting you.

.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you please give me an online source, that would be great. Also do you know the average cost of repairing it.
Hi there!

If you click here it will take you to a site that we use to do all our repairs. Once there, you can get a free quote on repairing it. It's not real expensive and sure a lot cheaper than buying a new one and having it programmed!

Best wishes my friend!

LJ

Thanks for asking today!
Hi there!

Best wishes my friend!

LJ

Thanks for asking today!