Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

Mitsubishi: the dash indicator lights for the 4wd to fail

On a misubishi pajero fieldmaster. Is it common for the dash indicator lights for the 4wd to fail. If so how difficult are they to replace ? I purchased the vehicle to day and the owner told me this was a common problem. The 4wd system seems to be working fine .
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 4 years ago.

It is common for these lights to fail, however they can be replaced without too much effort.

The trim bezel around the instrument cluster needs to be removed, then the screws holding the cluster in. You can thin slide the cluster out and unplug it, and replace the blown bulbs.

Be aware that the bulbs used here are very odd and not often stocked at parts stores; you will normally have to order these from a Mitsubishi dealership, as they are different from most typical bulbs.