snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 year automotive degree and 2 years hands on training.

Mitsubishi Pinin What does fault code P1221 mean on a Mitsubishi

Customer Question

What does fault code P1221 mean on a Mitsubishi AShogun Pinin 2.0 GDI Equippe please?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  snapontech replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer, My name is Danny I am here to help.

The panin engine causes the development of excess soot which sticks to the throttle body - this causes the problem. This happens after about 60k miles are clocked. If you remove the engine cover you'll be able to see the throttle body You can try to clean with a suitable agen throttle body cleaner is the best route here This is unlikely to cure the problem everytime. Your best option will be cleaning it than you can go ahead and replace if this doesnt fix the problem. Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So just to clarify fault code P1221 means that the throtle body is sticking due to soot?
The code is the computer seeing the pedal position and throttle position to be incorrect normally this is cause from excessive soot building up on the plate. Thanks