Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician
3827149

2000 Galant: hour drive..around 3000 rpm (going..75 mph..2000 rpm

I have a 2000 Galant with around 206000 miles. I was on hour 3 of a 6-hour drive the other day and noticed that when I was at around 3000 rpm (going around 75 mph), my temperature was going up a little over the halfway mark. When I was closer to 2000 rpm, it was below the halfway mark. Is this anything to worry about? Would flushing the radiator be a good idea. What other radiator maintenance should be done (I will making that drive often over the next four months). Thanks.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 5 years ago.
Yes replacing the thermostat and flushing the radiator should take care of this issue . Most common is the thermostat is sticking and causing this issue. This is the next steps. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.