Mike, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  34 + years of Vehilce Repair - Electronics and Diagnostics
9261905

cylinder head..injector torque settings for a pajero 3.2D 2006 model

looking for cylinder head torque settings and injector torque settings for a pajero 3.2D 2006 model
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome back to justanswer..

Customer:

Hi there

Mike :

Hello.. I can give you the information you need - but I need to mention, you listed a question requesting torque settings in April of this year which you were given and you viewed...but you never pressed the accept...Im wondering if you understand how the site works?

Customer:

that is correct. I got several messages to accept, but the thing is that I marked it as high priority and very urgent and I only got a mail about 8 hours later. By then the motor was already running.

Mike :

Ok fair enough I understand that.. the trouble is unless you replied to the expert concerned..he has no way of knowing (nor does anyone else) why you didnt accept... so a quick note would have helped all..... ;)

Customer:

I must say that this is a much quicker response and I will accept immediately when I receive the needed information, given that it doesn't take hours

Customer:

The motor in question is 4M41GY

Mike :

;-) I understand.. its just that it takes time especially to transfer and upload things - as Im going to here..so experts do like to be paid ;)... but I do understand what you said... too.. further questions will get answered when experts see you accept as you go - ;) Ok.. let me get the info you need...

Mike :

a question - are you using New head bolts?

Customer:

give me couple of minutes... must phone to find out

Mike :

ok - there is another point here..

Mike :

The heads of the bolts - see if they have been marked with a centre punch...

Mike :

these bolts can only be re used 3 times... Techs should centre punch mark them each time they have been used..

Mike :

If there is doubt, new ones should be used.

Customer:

Mike, iit is new headbolts and they've got a mark in the middle, but it is not punched, it rather stands out

Mike :

no ok thats fine -

Mike :

ok - give me a min ...

Mike :

Ok - here are the settings :

Tighten:44 Nm Autodata Note

Tighten:98±10 Nm

Slacken off:360°

Tighten:49±5 Nm

Tighten:90°

Tighten:90°

Tighten:M8=57±5 Nm

Mike :

Sorry they are a bit scattered -its just how it does it !

Mike :

Those are for the head - ignore the yellow triangle - on my system.. that just gives me the warning that Ive just mentioned to you

Mike :

Did you get those ok?

Customer:

just on the phone

Mike :

Thats ok - Im just getting the injector ones for you ..

Customer:

got it thanks!!! Have you also got the settings for the injectors?

Mike :

Yep... here they are for you

Mike :

Injector/clamp:21±2 Nm

Injector pipe unions:31 Nm

Injector nozzle to holder:34±5 Nm

Mike :

You get those ok?

Customer:

Thanks Mike, help me through this please. What is the next step so you get paid?

Mike :

Ok, all you need to do is hit the Accept now - and thats it done .. ;)

Mike :

..and you know where I am if ever there is anything else..

Customer:

Thanks again, much appreciated!!!!

Mike :

No problem at all - have a good day ;)

Customer:

will do

Mike, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience: 34 + years of Vehilce Repair - Electronics and Diagnostics