Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

How can I hook up my ipod to the speaker system?

Customer Question

Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 5 years ago.

Doug C :

Doug C :

There are two different options for iPod playback on this vehicle depending on how the vehicle is equipped.

Doug C :

You can use an add-on iPod adapter that is hard wired into the back of the radio, or you can use an Auxillary hook up which, if equipped, is located in the bottom of the storage bin in the center console.

Doug C :

If you look in the center console bin and see two RCA jacks (most likely for 2007 models), you can use this for auxillary input.... plug into the ports with a dual RCA to 1/8 mini jack connector to connect to your iPod. Be aware of the size of the 1/8 mini jack when purchasing... some may interfere with the charging port.

Once plugged in, press and hold the CD button on the radio for about 3 seconds. The display on the dash will read AUX. Your iPod output will now be routed through your factory system.

Doug C :

Now you can also use the iPod adapter which is available separately... this is a hardwired adapter you install into the back of the radio and has a 1/8 inch mini jack on the end. Using this adapter disables the RCA inputs.
It is important to note that this adapter is ONLY available if you have a 6-disc changer. It will NOT work with the single disc radio.

Doug C :

If you have a single disc radio, and you have no RCA jacks in the console bin, you will not be able to use your iPod through the factory system without purchasing aftermarket/third party equipment to make it work.

Expert:  Doug replied 5 years ago.
If you have further questions or are unsure about anything in an answer, you can always ask for more information here prior to just refunding the answer.