Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician
3827149

2004 Mitsubishi Diamante: you replace the headlights..removing..clip

How do you replace the headlights on a 2004 Mitsubishi Diamante? After removing the 2 screws in the top, there seems to be another clip which I've been unable to locate in order to slide out the assemby.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 3 years ago.
The assembly or bulb?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
To further clarify, the low beam bulb is extremely difficult to access and I have been told by the guy would sold me a new bulb that the entire assembly will just slide out so the bulb can be replaced easily. I took it to a mechanic yesterday, and although not an expert on Mitsubishi's, they were unable to figure it out
1) Disconnect the bulb from the wiring (there is a little latch you can press and then pull backwards away from light bulb). 2) Twist the safety covering until it comes loose. 3) Pull back both the bulb and the safety covering. 4) Now you'll have the bulb and safety separated from everything, simply replace the bulb and do the backwards process to reinsert the bulb and reattach it to the wiring, and all done.Is this what you tried?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried that and I have the bulb out of the passenger side but with the very restictive space, I can get the bulb back in but I can not see to put the clip back on the bulb before reconnecting and replacing the safety covering.

The drivers side, even after removong the battery and the battery box, I can not access the low beam bulb to remove the clip.

That is why I was told the entire headlight assembly would slide out allowing for easier access. I am affraid after removing the 2 screws on top, I will break the entire assemble if I try to pull it out with force.

The front bumper will need to be dropped down to remove the headlight assemblies .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX question, Any advice on how to drop the front bumper? Is this something a weekend mechanic with a screw driver can do or would I be better off taking it to a dealership.
You can do this yourself . Remove the lower clips and there is a screw on each side and the grill clips and you can pop the bumper down . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician