Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician

Mitsubishi Galant What is the radio code for a 2001 Mitsubishi

Customer Question

What is the radio code for a 2001 Mitsubishi Galante auto? The battery died and I need a code to put in to get it to work.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 5 years ago.

The codes for the radios are married to the serial numbers on the radio chassis. In order to get an unlock code for you I will need at minimum the serial number from the chassis, and if possible the model number as well.

You can get both of these with little to no tools.

Grasp the trim panel that goes around the radio and AC controls and pull it rearward/off the dash. It has four clips holding it in (though typically several are broken).
Once off, there will be a white sticker on the top left front corner of the radio chassis. The serial number will be along the bottom edge of it, and should be readable as-is or with a flashlight (blow off the dust first). It will read "SERIAL NO.:___________"

If possible, try getting the model number as well, as Galants often have two codes per serial number, separated by model number. The model number will also be on this same sticker but near the top of it, it will be in a "MRXXXXXX" format. If you can not see it, you can wiggle the radio past the little plastic tabs holding it in and slide it rearward an inch for a better view.

Once you have the information post it here and I will provide an unlock code for you.

Also let me know if the radio displays "code" or "off" when you turn it on, and if you need instructions on inputting the code.