jettadan1
jettadan1, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic Lead mechanic and technician.
17254274

A Carisma 1,8 glx from 97. Yesterday i helped a friend..jumpstart

Customer Question

Hello,i have a Carisma 1,8 glx from 97. Yesterday i helped a friend to jumpstart hes car.We used jumpercables from my car to hes,and mine was running all the time.When done i drowe it back to my place (about 100m)and turned it off.Later when i was going home,the car wont start....there are lots of power but it is like there is no ignition at all....can you help?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.

jettadan1 :

It could be a fuse ahve you checked all your fuses?

jettadan1 :

Have

jettadan1 :

Let me know if your online we will get her going.

Customer :

no i havent tryed the fuses yet (didnt think of that at the time),i had to leave the car at my job last night,but i am going back to work in 30 min. then i will check......there are fuses 2 places i think....right? or is the fuse a big one sitting alone somewhere?

jettadan1 :

Your car is out of the us but you should have a fuse block inside and under hood.

jettadan1 :

You will want to check all of them that have to do with starter ignition or altenator. all higher amp fuses

jettadan1 :

I would un hook neg battery cable and positive for ten seconds.

jettadan1 :

they may reset your system

Customer :

ok i will check as soon as i come to work,and get back to you later today,and the battery is indoor now to get more power (it is very cold here) ;) .......do i press "save and exit" to exit now?

jettadan1 :

I will change us to question and answer.

Expert:  jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.
Now you can bookmark page and respond or accept at your time.
Expert:  jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.
Thanks and let me know if you have any further questions at all.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found out what it was....all the fuses are OK.

Then i read the manual,and it say that there is something we call "startspærre" in this old car.It is about the code inside the ignition key,so i was thinking about my old cracked key,and found my spare one....used it and the car started and runs fine.

The old key has worked fine for the last 13 years,but all things have a limit,and i think it was a random "unluck" that it would happen the same day as i jumpstarted the other car.

Expert:  jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.
Things like that happen. All the time. I am thrilled you got her going. Did you have a security light on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No security light on or anything else.....
Expert:  jettadan1 replied 3 years ago.

IC That was truley the best case senerio that could happen. Great.

Thanks Daniel

If you dont want to click on accept, just ignore any emails you may get.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas.