How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 6386
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you get a no contact order against a military member if

Customer Question

Can you get a no contact order against a military member if you are civilian
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: State
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: My husband had an affair and is under investigation still. We are going through divorce. I'm worried for me and my kids Bc she is here where I live now
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can me and my kids get a no contact order against her
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 13 days ago.

Yes, as the civilian no contact order is issued by a court of law. But, you can also write to the person's commanding officer and ask the CO to issue a military no contact order. So, both options are available to you.

Note: Just Answer’s site disclaimer apply to all services including premium services. This information may not be correct, complete or reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. Please do not act or fail to act based on it alone. Most follow-up questions are answered within 24 hours. Please assign a feedback rating when we are done so JA will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Maverick replied 12 days ago.

P.S. Please remember to assign a positive feedback rating on this so that Just Answer will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.

Related Military Law Questions