P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

My son was active duty in N.C. He was aproached by woman

Customer Question

My son was active duty in N.C . He was aproached by woman about paternity. He was married at that time. The child was 2 y.o.. cooperation from my son was agreed to. She refused contact from my son . He didn't act on it at that time. Diagnosed PYSD TBI . Denied volunteer redeployment. Sent to wounded warrior detail. Medical discharge Honerable. She occasionally sent pictures and updates . Retired with 10 years services. Separation was like standing right next to him in HELL. Let go of DNA test , afraid he wouldn't be found a stable influence. One year and half involved in motorcycle accident 4 am It closed down the Kennedy express way. Chicago. No other moterest involved. There was onbody on the road. E vac to trauma center. Life support started, emergency scull bust to release pressure. Aprox 4cm Circle removed to allow brain a place to swell. He should have died. To much damage from concussive injury deployed. 1 year inhause rehab 6 months out patients rehab. Wants to have DNA comfirmed. Pictures sent 1. 2 months ago. No response for getting test done. So he requested I message her . I wanted her to know that custody is not sought. Visitation time to meet the reason he survived accident. He wants to give her love support family throughout the world. I made it clear that Matthew, myself and sister .. a teacher would be hands on support every moment of her visit. Jarheads have rough edges. After the life he has experienced he has a legacy. The mother will be included in everything. Family is his responsibility. He owes it to her to enhanced her life. I know it is a dramatic way to make his wishes known. Being on the 2nd 3rd 4th chance list is life changing. He defended a country. He wants the things he helped to protect. His verbal skills are a work in progress when nervous. That is why I am writing this for him . The content is all his. Thank you for looking out for brothers and sisters. They all are our family
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The website will likely send you an offer for a phone call for $59. PLEASE do not accept that or you will be charged $59 additional instead of $5 additional. You must first decline the offer for $59 before I am allowed to send you the $5 offer.

I am a user of this website, just like you and have no control over their billing.

Let me know if you have questions.