I have a great template that you could use in order to get started. If you try this out, in just a few minutes you could be sitting pretty:
1. In accordance with Navy/Army/Air Force, etc. Regulation XXXX, I respectfully ***** ***** be given to my statement below and that the the Administrative Reprimand be filed at the local level and not in my Official Military Personnel File.
2. Explain what happened in an objective manner
3. Offer any mitigating circumstances to explain your actions. What explains your actions if any?
4. What, if any, corrective actions have you taken. Eg.: You went to a class for DUI or counseling.
5. Why would or should you receive a local filing? What are family circumstances, past military accomplishments (deployments) and what things can you still offer the military? (Explain your past history) (i.e. I am a Sergeant First Class in the United States Army soon to be promoted to Master Sergeant. I’ve been in service for XX years. I’ve been mobilized three times and deployed once. In all of those years, I have never had a misconduct incident, in or outside of the U.S. Army. I take great pride in my military achievements and always sought to train, lead and care for my soldiers. I have a long list of Service and Achievement awards, outstanding evaluations, and letters of support in a separate binder to assist you with your decision on whether I can continue to add value as a Non Commissioned Officer. Withdrawal or MPRJ filing would demonstrate your belief that this was an isolated incident and not indicative of my overall character and potential.)
6. Apologize: (Apologize for actions) I accept blame for my actions on ________, and I regret that I ___________. I am grateful and appreciate the support of my professional counselors and my chain of command, especially my Commander, ________. I have learned a great deal from this entire process, and I hope I can help other Soldiers recognize stressful situations and that there is no weakness in seeking advice and help before you reach a crisis point. (Second chance to apologize after paragraph
In conclusion, I respectfully ***** ***** the administrative reprimand be filed in my local file and not in my Official Military Personnel File. 8. Thank you for your consideration of my response. The point of contact for this memorandum is the undersigned, and I can be reached at***@******.***