P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

My neighbor who is a civilian and myself left my house on

Customer Question

My neighbor who is a civilian and myself left my house on post DEC18 I was I toxicated but I thought he was not. He was driving when we left and spun out I do not remember if I took over driving for him but we got to the shoppete and the MPS pulled in we were both outside of the truck and arrested for DUI. I was able to go on leave being told they were checking the cameras, coming back my CO told me that they think I was driving and I was going to be charged, they took my liscence on the 18 also. I still haven't heard anything back from the MPs just my 1SG and CO telling me I'm "charged" is there anything I can do to try and get my lisense back? Or try to figure out when I will be given a court date by the MPs?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also if I'm charged right now without being told anything by MPs, I still have the 10 day period to try and get my DL reinstated?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

You mention charges...have you been charged?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When we got to the MP station I did the breathalyzer and got fingerprinted, before I left they told me they were investigating the incident and I haven't heard anything back from then, just my CO and 1SG telling me I was charged. Before leaving I did get a ticket that says article 111 drunken driving, they told me everything would get thrown out if it wasn't me

can you tell me, what state is this in?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also I'm not sure how it works with MPs but I was never read Miranda or UCMJ rights
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was in Georgia on base

Thanks

Can you speak on the phone? I sent the offer (it is a $5 additional charge)....I suspect it will be easier to exchange information that way.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone right now

Sorry...I am not willing to type. I will opt out...perhaps someone else will be willing to. I wish you the best!