How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14125
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently going through a divorce and my soon to be ex

Customer Question

Hello. I am currently going through a divorce and my soon to be ex husband is active duty in the Army. I have been having issues with the housing allowance I'm entitled to every month as he's only been giving me $200. I was able to contact his chain of command. How do I find out how much I'm entitled to. Also, because we live in different states, will that affect the amount?
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: Im in California He lives in Washington state
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: Yes. He said that he is not to give me no less than what I'm entitled to however I don't know how much that is. Also, should I proceed with the divorce or should I wait till this matter gets resolved?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Sorry...I am said you spoke to his chain of command...but you are asking what you are entitled to...did his chain of command not take this for action??

Related Military Law Questions