How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14072
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hold on one moment please, overseas, started to yes, I don't

Customer Question

hold on one moment please
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: overseas
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: started to yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't have a phone or anything. I only have a question, just looking to get an outside perspective please
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm a USAF Officer, deployed and already received 2 LOC's. I may receive an LOR for not working enough hours. I'm worried this might lead to an admin discharge if I receive the LOR. If I get discharged will I get an Honorable Discharge? What are the chances I get a general rather than an honorable?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Can you give a bit more context? Rank? Time in? Are you a reservist or active duty officer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm an o-3/captain. I have been in about 4.5 years and I'm active duty officer.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

And why do you believe you would receive an honorable discharge if they separate you for misconduct?

Related Military Law Questions