P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Military service connected development of Flat feet, Pes

Customer Question

military service connected development of Flat feet, Pes Planus. Does that disqualify me from duty
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 18 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Sorry...I do not understand your question...what is your question please?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am active duty and have developed Flat foot (pes planus) that causes shin pain and feet pain. Do you know if that is a disqualifying medical deficiency? My medical report from entry to the service says normal foot arch.

Thank you

It is "disqualifying" it it impacts your ability to perform your duties AND it is expected that the condition will last one year or more.

That is the standard...if you have a medical condition that limits your ability to perform your duties and the condition is expected to last 1 year or more? That would be a basis to process the soldier out for medical reasons

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil