P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I have been evaluated as disabled by means of getting

Customer Question

I have been evaluated as disabled by means of getting hearing aids related to the firing of M-1 rifles in the military with NO ear protection. I haver lost over 50% of my hearing, but the VA only allowed me 10% compensation. This problem has led to problems with hearing my wife, future employers and many more areas. Can I get a greater percentage of compensation from the VA? Bob
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Bob, this depends...it depends on the level of hearing loss. What is your 10% rating for?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am saying the 10% compensation is too low for the hearing loss I have had since leaving service. They did not state the amount of hearing loss when compensation was given

But why do you believe 10% is too low...what are you basing that statement on??

That is, ratings are determined by the severity of the condition...why do you believe that your rating is too low?