P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I am a divorce millitary wife at that time and was very but

Customer Question

i am a divorce millitary wife at that time and was very young but my exhusband at the time was convicted of his first time as a felon out of the marriage we had one son and i didnt know all that i had too do and i went to the commander at the army base and because he didnt tell them that we had seperated and divorce he got away with alot of things my son didnt get to use his millitary card it was take away from him and internal affairs was so nasty to me trying to protect him and i explain everything to them and in the process he moved bck to new york i felt that its too late for me too get my share of his retirement even though we stayed married twelve yrs and its a shame in the process i had to raise him as a single parent so i gave up and now he has been remarried for 9yrs
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: dalecity va pwc
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: at that time in that year of 2000 did no good they kept telling me that it was nothing they can do and he lied and cover it up and he transfered from marine to the army at that time here at quantico va
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am just so disappointed
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how can men in the millitary get away with such unjustice

Sorry...I am an attorney...so I can help you with legal questions...is this a legal question or a relationship question?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
legal question

Thank you...so what is the injustice you are referring to?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my rights as his wife at the time and by being a millitary daughter this isnt right what i had to miss out on for our son

So what is your specific question ma'am?

I sent the offer for a phone call...perhaps it will be easier to discuss on the phone?