Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My mother unit flagged me for an open investigation,

Customer Question

My mother unit flagged me for an open investigation
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: Yes I just got flagged yesterday but don't know how long the process will take
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The supervisor of the agent told me and my family that there is no wrong doing and should be closing the case that was last week but now I have been flagged yesterday
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.How long an investigation will take to close depends on the complexity of the investigation and how much of a case load the investigator has at the time they are dealing with your case. If the supervisor told you there was no wrong doing, then the case should have been closed in less than a week or so from when they found no wrong doing. However, that is a general time frame as I said, some investigators have so many cases it may take them longer to type up the final report to close the case. You need to return to the supervisor to find out what the hold up is if he told you there was no wrong doing and have the supervisor notify your command of the findings. That is all you can do until they submit their final report closing the case.