Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I've just enlisted right out of college, but that enlistment

Customer Question

I've just enlisted right out of college, but that enlistment came with a lot of material that wasn't mentioned, as said by my recruiter. I'm a homeless college student, just graduated with my degree, but I've got no money and was living on the streets when my recruiter found me and we started the process for my enlistment. He didn't put that I had medical bills from a benign visit, didn't put all of my addresses down, where I lived prior to my homelessness, and might have sugar coated my 1-1-1 performance. I barely run a mile in 8:00, but can do the other tasks. My question is, with all the material that is yet on my record, with me being shipped soon, how badly is all that stuff going to bite me in the ass?
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope. Other than that stuff, I'm squeaky clean.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience, including experience with the DOD. I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

The mile run should not be a deal breaker for you if you are close to the mark. Basic will get you where you need to be.

That you owe money for medical bills is NOT an issue at all as long as the medical issue is not disqualifying. Your addresses are not critical. When enlisted you are cleared at no more than the Secret level which entails a records check.

The big question you already answered, that is that you are "squeaky clean." Criminal convictions can be disqualifying. Since you do not have any you are good.

In any case you are not facing any type of discipline for your enlistment records. The WORST case would be that you would be released from service. So you have nothing to worry about.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald