Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney in private practice.
7286322

How does it take to upgrade a DD-214?

Customer Question

How long does it take to upgrade a
DD-214?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

It may take as long as a year to process a discharge upgrade. However, if a personal appearance is requested/scheduled, then the process is normally quicker - about 6 months.

This is all on average however, and the ultimate time is really dependent on how many applications there are pending at the time.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.