Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I WAS DRAFTED INTO THE ARMY IN DEC, 1968. I SPENT 14 MONTHS

Customer Question

I WAS DRAFTED INTO THE ARMY IN DEC, 1968. I SPENT 14 MONTHS IN VIETNAM. A FELLOW VETERAN TOLD ME THAT BECAUSE OF MY VIETNAM SERVICE, I QUALIFY FOR A MONTHLY STIPEND. COULD THIS BE TRUE?WHEN I WENT THROUGH THE VA INTAKE PROCESS, I WAS ASKED IF I WANTED TO APPLY
FOR ' AGENT ORANGE' EXPOSURE COMPENSATION. I TOLD THEM NO, I WAS PRETTY SURE I WASN'T STATIONED IN AN AREA WHERE IT WAS APPLIED AND I DIDN' WANT TO TAKE MONEY FOR SOMETHING I WASN'T QUALIFIED TO RECEIVE.I SAY ALL OF THIS BECAUSE I FEEL THE SAME ABOUT THIS, BUT I WILL ADMIT THAT ANY COMPENSATION THAT WOULD BE AVAILABLE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

Here is a great overview of the covered areas and possible benefits. http://www.military.com/benefits/veterans-health-care/agent-orange.html

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/benefits/index.asp

You should visit your local VA hospital and get tested. Thank you for your service to our country as well.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.