P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I had a 2C issued on my original DD-214. I had it changed to

Customer Question

I had a 2C issued on my original DD-214. I had it changed to a JFF, has there been any impact to the manner that this discharge is viewed professionally? Am I still eligible for VA healthcare, even though I did not complete my term?
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records at Randolph Air Force Base
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are there any retroactive benefits that I should be aware of per, G.I. Bill that I am eligible for at this time. Is it too late to register with the VA, it has been 16 years since discharge
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My previous RE code was a JHJ
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

The RE code has no impact on VA benefits...can you give some more insight into your service? How many years did you serve and when (that will dictate if you rate VA healthcare)?