legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

My daughter got married to a man on July 1, 2016 just before

Customer Question

my daughter got married to a young man on July 1, 2016 just before he was stationed in Hawaii and she has been trying to get the papers that he was telling her she would need to live there with him. she has in the last week found out that he is sleeping with a young lady that lives off base has no affiliation with the army. now what do we do
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: he want give us the information because he is in Hawaii how would I get the information
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear that your daughter is already having marital problems. If she is still interested in remaining in the marriage, the first step is to complete this form to get a military ID; the military spouse, as a sponsor, is the person that needs to apply for marital housing on base.

A military service member can actually be disciplined for extra marital affairs. It generally needs to affect one's military performance, as "conduct unbecoming" are not as aggressively pursued as before.

If pursued it can result in up to a year in confinement plus a dishonorable discharge, so if the innocent spouse chooses to stay married that is rarely pursued.

Questions?

Post here please

No further questions?

kindly rate positively!

all information is legal

information only and

does not constitute

specific legal advice

or a particular course

of action. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
she has ID or CAC card and she waiting on the paperwork from fort bragg and the orders to move for company commander
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Ok so the process has been initiated; so what is the question? Is it re: divorce due to extra marital affairs?